Thursday, October 26, 2017

Playthrough 017: Amnesia: The Dark Descent

For the month of October I'm going to celebrate Halloween by playing a couple of spoopy games.

The next game I will be playing is Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

First released on September 8th, 2010 Amnesia currently holds an "Overwhelmingly Positive" score on Steam with 95% of the 9,639 reviews giving it a positive recommendation. I bought Amnesia on the Steam Store during the 2011 Steam Holiday Sale for 75% off its current price of $20.

 Amnesia: The Dark Descent was one of the early First-Person Run Away games that really caught on with Let's Plays and Streamers because of the relative weakness of the player character. You have no weapons at all in order to combat the monsters that prowl the environment, your only recourse is to run and/or hide until the monsters move to a different room.

As I mentioned in the Condemned Impressions post I really get drawn into first-person games and the Horror of having no way to fight the monsters is probably going to get to me more than Condemned did because there I could fight back; here, I cannot.

No comments:

Post a Comment